Marlene and Arturo did an excellent job assisting us with the purchase of this property, including dealing effectively with several complications. They stepped up to provide a considerable amount of assistance to the sellers, as the property was inherited and the family needed to overcome several legal hurdles in order to obtain a clear title.
But, Marlene and Arturo persevered, and ultimately (after several months) we were able to close and take possession.
Thanks to you both!
Colleen G. Waring, CIA, CGAP
Letter of Support and Appreciation for Services Rendered by Ms. Marlene Rodriguez and Mr. Arturo Nava.
1. I am writing this memorandum in support of complimentary services received by Ms. Marlene Rodriguez and Mr. Arturo Nava, as our appointed realtors from March-July 2022.
2. In March 2022, my partner and I set out on a journey to explore real estate options in the San Miguel de Allende area for future retirement home consideration. After multiple failed attempts to reach out to real estate companies to assist in home searches prior to our arrival in San Miguel, we found an enthusiastic, friendly, and extremely helpful Ms. Rodriguez and Mr. Nava who diligently worked around the clock to ensure we had properties that we approved of lined up for our viewing.
3. Marlene and Arturo came to pick us up at our hotel and spent two full days showing us an extensive list of requested properties. Additionally, they showed us around the local area and made our short time available in the area worthwhile. Ultimately, we found a home that we fell in love with and consequently could not consider walking away. We placed an offer, with the help and suggestions of Marlene and Arturo, and eventually settled on a price, closing in July 2022.
4. What we found exceptional about her service was the time and courtesy that Marlene and Arturo spent accommodating our special needs. As foreign home buyers, we had unique challenges. I am an active duty U.S. Military member stationed overseas in Germany. My partner, Javier, lives in Texas. We had a considerate amount of paperwork, including apostle services, international purchasing agreements, and power of attorney paperwork that had to be completed through the assistance of Marlene and Arturo. They never made us feel that we were a burden or a complicated case, as they guided us flawlessly through the process.
5. Upon closing, Marlene and Arturo even went out of their way to assist with finding and linking us up with local services such as utilities, gardeners, and contract workers for renovations. They still check in with us from time to time to see if she can be of assistance. We realize this is above and beyond and we wanted to make sure we recognized the exceptional and thoughtful services that made our dream home purchase a reality.
6. We appreciate all that has been done for us and would not hesitate to recommend Marlene and Arturo, both, as realtors to future home buyers.
Thank you. LORI M. TAPLEY COL, AN Chief, Division of Primary Care
My wife and I recently purchased a fabulous home in San Miguel de Allende. We were beyond blessed to have two amazing agents work with us, Arturo Nava and Marlene Rodriguez. Wow. What a team!
Arturo and Marlene were incredibly accommodating, hard working and efficient. They arranged for us to view many properties in a short period of time, answered a barrage of questions, drove us from appointment to appointment, and made great suggestions - like viewing places in the evening as well as in the daytime and taking time out of their busy schedules to make that possible. They worked around the clock to support us every step of the way with the utmost patience, kindness and good humor!
We've worked with several real estate agents over many years and have purchased three homes prior to this. Though we've had good agents in the past, we can't say enough about Arturo and Marlene. They listened deeply to our needs, understood our requirements early on, were knowledgeable, professional, kind, and skilled communicators. They made the whole process a pleasure. When we were stressed, as people buying for the first time in another country inevitably are, they talked us through our concerns with compassion and care, patiently explaining each step in the process. If you're looking for agents who will take this journey with you with grace and skill, then look no further; they really are the best! Thank you Arturo and Marlene, we are forever grateful. P.S. We love our new home - it's perfect!
I cannot wait to tell you about my experience working with Marlene Rodriguez and Arturo Nava. First, they are the hardest working realtors I have ever met. They worked with us for two weeks, showing us properties that fit our parameters. We didn’t waste time looking at properties that didn’t fit the criteria we had for our new house and not once did any of my texts or emails go unanswered. They were unbelievably attentive. Additionally, my Spanish is really really bad, but their English is really good so they were able to work out all of the contract details that would have been impossible to navigate without them. Mr. Nava is also an attorney so between his background and Mrs. Rodriguez’ experience in real estate, I felt completely at ease knowing they had my best interests covered. In summation, this was my first experience in securing a property in Mexico and I was very unsure of the process. Mrs. Rodriguez and Mr. Nava not only gave me total confidence with their experience, they were also very fun to be with! Whether you’re an experienced ex-pat or someone who is new to living in Mexico, don’t go anywhere else for property. Call Marlene and Arturo for absolute premium service.
I just wanted to write to let you know what a wonderful agent Marlene is! She has found wonderful tenants for two of my properties in SMA and has been a joy to work with. She's generous with her time, diligent, friendly, and always helpful. I just thought you should know what a gem she is!